This announcement has 1 attachment:
Happy Nurse's Week to the amazing Nurses and Nurse Practitioners who make up OC NAPNAP. We are fortunate to belong to one of the most rewarding and trusted professions. Your efforts in being experts in pediatrics and advocates for children are much appreciated by all you serve.
Please allow me to share a few highlights from our recent board meeting:
1. SAVE THE DATE: our 2021-2022 year will kick off with an in person meet and greet picnic at the beautiful Crystal Cove State Park on Saturday August 21, 11am. We will gather south (left, looking toward the ocean) of the Beachcomber restaurant on the beach. More details to follow.
2. In memory of Ruth Mullins, who was a founding member and past president of NAPNAP, instrumental in starting both the LA and OC Chapters of NAPNAP, former CSULB PNP professor and program director, text book author and co-editor of the Journal of Pediatric Health Care, a memorial scholarship will be instituted. To read more about Ruth and her legacy, please see the announcement on our website: https://ocnapnap.enpnetwork.com/nurse-practitioner-news/213361-ruth-mullins-berg-8-23-43-6-27-20
3. Congratulations to Melanie Balestra on becoming "semi-retired!" With her legal and health care background, she has served as Legislative Chair for many, many years. We will miss her knowledge and commitment as she steps down from the Board as Legislative Chair this summer. Please wish her well as she enjoys learning Italian (yes, in Italy!), sets up her new home in the desert, and enjoys a slower pace (hmm, not sure with Melanie!). We appreciate your years of service to NAPNAP, Melanie, and willingness to mentor a new Legislative Chair!
4. Board Positions:
We are excited to announce 2 open positions on the Board and are hoping you can help fill them.
President-Elect: is mentored by the current President/Past President to fill the President position in the following year. Attends Board meetings several times a year and assists on Board as needed. Funding is provided for attendance at National meetings.
Legislative Chair: attends monthly health policy phone calls, generally held on a Monday evening once a month, reports to Board and membership any items of legislative significance which may require action, works with the California Chapters of NAPNAP on State level bill monitoring. Funding is available to support attendance at National level or State level meetings, such as Lobby Days.
Please reach out to Judi or any Board member, should you have questions or an interest in either Board position. We welcome your involvement, even if a new grad or student. The more you participate, the more you gain from your membership.
5. Please watch for our next meeting, 'Update on STIs' to be held virtually some time in June.
6. The California Chapters Spring Virtual Conference is ongoing until the end of June. We hope you can join us for a Social Hour on May 20, 6:30-7:30 with your favorite m/cocktail and a quick and easy dinner idea. See the attached invitation to RSVP.
Again, happy Nurse's Week and to those of you who are mothers, or fulfilling a mothering role, Happy Mother's Day.
OC NAPNAP Chapter President