Fall Greetings from Judi Leonard, OC-NAPNAP President
Dear OC NAPNAP Members,
As the days get shorter and our work load gets busier, I would like to take a few moments to update you on some items that may be of interest.
- October 2 marked the first day of the new CURES regulations. Providers must check the CURES system when initiating and every 4 months for controlled substance prescriptions (or furnishing, how I loathe that term!). Please consult the CURES website to ensure you are in compliance with the requirement.
- Please consider attending the fundraiser 10/4/18 supporting State Senator Ed Hernandez in his run for Lieutenant Governor. He is a champion for NPs in our state.
- I hope to see you at our next educational meeting to be held Thursday, October 11, 6:30pm at Karl Strauss Brewing Company, 901 South Coast Dr. in Costa Mesa sponsored by ThermoFisher Scientific on Food Allergy. Please be sure to register on the ENP website
- National Nurse Practitioner Week is coming up November 11-17, 2018. Kick off the celebration by attending our Southwest Regional Conference, to be held Saturday, November 10 at CHOC Children's. Please register on our website and bring a NP colleague.
- Bring your involvement to the next level by volunteering to serve on our Board. We are currently looking for a member to fulfill the role of Secretary vacated by Patty Dupont-Tyler. This involves taking minutes at our meetings and posting them to the website. We welcome and support your involvement. We thank Patty for her enthusiastic years of dedication.
- Two of our outstanding NPs Patty Dupont-Tyler and Vivian Derr volunteered through Patty's church with Hoag Health Ministries to provide blood pressure checks and flu shots to over 100 participants last month in The Great Park. They were among fellow MDs, nurses and new grads. This event will be held again next year and it would be nice for us to have a larger role to promote the awareness of NPs.
- The WWW.NAPNAP.ORG website has a new look. Check it out.
- In celebration of NP week, CANP will be having their annual gala on November 1st at the University Club at UCI. This annual event is open to all, members, non-members, significant others.
Get your flu shot, protect yourself, your loved ones and make it a great Fall.
Thank you for being part of OC NAPNAP and the trusted caring profession we call Nurse Practitioners.
OC NAPNAP President