Disordered Eating, ARFID, Motivational Interviewing, Long-term Outcomes of Intervention, and more.
Mitchell Katz, M.D., Anup Patel, M.D. and Ashish Chogle, M.D.; Robyn Robinson, C.P.N.P, Cindy Kim, PhD, and other Feeding Therapists, Psychologists and Registered Dietitians on CHOC Children's Multidisciplinary Feeding Team. Notable chef and author, Evan Kleiman is the keynote speaker.
This event offers
9.0 CME credits
CE accredited by Medical Quality/California Medical Association. The California Board of Registered Nursing recognizes that Continuing Medical Education (CME) is acceptable for meeting RN continuing education requirements; as long as the course is certified for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™ (rn.ca.gov). Nurses will receive a Certificate of Attendance following this activity that may be used for license renewal..
Join CHOC Children's Hospital's multidisciplinary faculty and nationally recognized leaders in the field as they share their expertise on the assessment and treatment of children with complex feeding disorders.
Discipline-specific presentations will include:
- Disordered Feeding Among Children with Food Allergies and Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Avoidant/Restrictive Food Intake Disorder (ARFID)
- Motivational Interviewing to Improve Parental Learning and Engagement
- Long-Term Outcomes of Intensive Inpatient Feeding Interventions
- Nutritional Strategies to Improve Nutrient Balance and Optimize Growth Within Restricted Diets
- Integration of Child-Led and Sensory Approaches to Address Maladaptive Mealtime Behaviors
- Follow suggested best practice model for treatment of pediatric feeding disorders and gastrostomy tube weaning
- Advocate for developing an effective multidisciplinary team to improve outcomes for children with
feeding difficulties and gastrostomy tube dependence.
- Apply specific behavioral feeding strategies to improve a child’s interaction with and intake of food.
- Follow nutritional intervention strategies to improve nutrient balance, increase caloric intake and
optimize growth and development of children with restrictive diets.
- Coach parents on strategies and techniques to improve the parent-child feeding relationship.
Interested In Attending This Event?
Additional Registration Information:
Clicking on the link will direct you to all instructions re: registering.
Of note, registration fees include:
- Meals (Breakfast and AM breaks each morning, lunch on Friday, as well as a PM break on Friday)
- Access into conference mobile app
- Digitial syllabus